The Score | Elle Kennedy | Off-Campus #3

The third novel in the series, The Score, was inspired by Dean and Allie's lives. The Score had also been shortlisted for a Goodreads Choice Award in the Romance category (2016). Check out my complete review down below.


The Score by Elle Kennedy (Off-Campus #3)




            

Rating - 4 /5


Book Blurb 


He knows how to score, on and off the ice

Allie Hayes is in crisis mode. With graduation looming, she still doesn’t have the first clue about what she’s going to do after college. To make matters worse, she’s nursing a broken heart thanks to the end of her longtime relationship. Wild rebound sex is definitely not the solution to her problems, but gorgeous hockey star Dean Di Laurentis is impossible to resist. Just once, though, because even if her future is uncertain, it sure as heck won’t include the king of one-night stands.

It’ll take more than flashy moves to win her over

Dean always gets what he wants. Girls, grades, girls, recognition, girls…he’s a ladies man, all right, and he’s yet to meet a woman who’s immune to his charms. Until Allie. For one night, the feisty blonde rocked his entire world—and now she wants to be friends? Nope. It’s not over until he says it’s over. Dean is in full-on pursuit, but when life-rocking changes strike, he starts to wonder if maybe it’s time to stop focusing on scoring…and shoot for love.

My Review


After his first encounter with Hannah, I can't wait to read Dean's novel. The book is based mainly on Dean's life. Dean is a lady's man, so how can I be immune to his charm?

Dean is a cocky, lovely party man who isn't afraid to become a jerk to obtain what he wants. He also has his share of past mistakes that cling to him till now. I'd read about him in two earlier novels, but I didn't realize how wealthy he was until I read this one since he didn't brag about it.

Dean is the only one who comes from a happy household with two siblings. After a one-night stand with Allie, he decides to do something he has never done before: hide his relationship with Allie from everyone while continuing to do what he wants. I was in awe of how he taught and handled a little girl. It was fabulous.

Connecting with Dean is easy, and Summer is an unexpected delight. It seemed more like a passion narrative than a romance story in the first half of the book. Even in the middle, I was losing interest, and then the big explosion happened, and I wondered whether I had read it correctly. That was the point at which the book took a turn for the better and drew my attention.

Dean is the one who is most affected by this accident, and he loses control. When he recovered from it, he realized that not only was he suffering, but because of him, every one of his loved ones also suffered. Moreover, it also gives him the right direction in his relationship or career, making him somewhat responsible. That made me feel more at ease.

Allie is a tough, feisty, courageous, smart-mouthed woman who is focusing on her career. Everyone warns her she should never date Dean, but she refuses to modify her mind for the sake of others. I appreciate her for who she is. I'd read about Allie in earlier books and watched her and Sean's love develop. That's why I was initially put off by her and Dean's connection and found it hard to connect with her. I think she's a little selfish, clinging, and girly at times, but that's just my opinion.

Again, the book held laughter, fun, friendship, bromance, funny banter, and a healthy amount of romance. I had an ache in my jaw and stomach from laughing and tears dropping moments. Over the top, the presence of Garrett and Hannah is the most needed thing for me.


Recommendation

  • If you enjoy young romance novels with witty characters, this is the book for you.
  • If you love to read college romance, bond with friends.
  • Only individuals above the age of eighteen are welcome.
  • It may be read as a stand-alone, although some details get confused if you haven't read The Deal and The Mistake.
  • Anyone can read the book since it is written in an easy-to-understand, accessible style.
Take a look into the book from here!


Best Lines of The Score

I do what I want, when I want. And I don’t give a shit what people think about me. 
Life hack: if you don’t want someone asking you questions, say the word tampon, and the conversation ends. 
I think it takes a certain level of trust to sit next to someone and not feel the pressing urge to babble away. 
Relationships are a f***ing pain in the ass sometimes. 
If your whole life is centered on one thing—one person—whatcha going to be left with if that person goes away? Absolutely nothing.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment