The Mistake | Elle Kennedy | Off-Campus #2

The Mistake is a second book in the Off-Campus series and continued by Logan and Grace. Read further to find out more about this book and the review.


The Mistake by Elle Kennedy

Rating - 4.5 / 5


Book Blurb 


He’s a player in more ways than one…
College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he’ll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistake pushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he’s worth a second chance.


Now he’s going to need to up his game…
After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She’s not a charity case, and she’s not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He’ll have to work for it. This time around, she’ll be the one in the driver’s seat…and she plans on driving him wild.


My Review 


I am hooked on this series after reading the first book. Logan left an effect in the last book that made me curious about him. Again, the book takes me back to teenage life, complete with craziness, hockey games, college drama, friendship, and the complications of relationships.

Logan led me to the book more smoothly, and I connected with him more easily, maybe because of the previous book. Reading this book made me realize that every friend knows their friend's problems, but at a certain point, regardless of how close they are and boys are always afraid to share their problems, no matter how close they are.

Logan needed Grace more than anything else, yet he messed by letting her leave. Logan had a thing for Hannah, then he liked Grace, who was the polar opposite of Hannah. It's felt off in the start and, after realizing that Logan was craving only the love Hannah has for Garrett. The best part was when he recognized his emotions and did not mourn his actions but rather show to Grace that he was worthy of her. Logan was funny, carefree, and talked about what he had in his mind. I also decoded his coding message. It was fun.

I didn't foresee Logan going through hardship, having a terrible upbringing, having to deal with his parent's divorce and the consequences. Now, he's decided to focus on his family after graduation, leaving his dreams behind, and I'm relieved that it hasn't come to that.

Grace is a cool girl, self-assured, supportive, and compassionate, a far difference from the first few chapters. I admire her for not obsessing over someone who has no idea who she is and for growing strong as a result. I appreciate how she insists Logan fulfill all six of her wishes for a single date. It's funny. As much as I like Grace, I don't feel the same way about her as I do about Hannah.

Elle has a powerful grasp of the writing, which allows her to create a swoon-worthy narrative. This novel also has stunning scenes regarding the boys' relationship and their growing closeness with one another. The amusing dialogue has the same effect as it did in the previous book. I'm more fascinated by the author's description of the relationship between closest friends and their varied socioeconomic levels. Even in their heads, they never have a different viewpoint, jealousy, serious mention of it, or an influence on their friendship.

This book is more emotional and filled with conflicting emotions. I'm glad I chose this series and read it all in one sitting.


Recommendations

  • If you enjoy reading second chances with young romance, this is the book for you.
  • The perfect mix of romantic and emotional development.
  • If you wish to read a college romance novel entwined with family issues.
  • It may be read as a stand-alone, although it is preferable to read as part of a series for a deeper understanding.
  • If you enjoy reading stories about romance and best friends, this is the book for you.
  • Only for those over the age of eighteen.
  • The book's language is straightforward, accessible, and simple; anyone can read it.

Take a look in the book from here.


Best Quotes of The Mistake

Don't waste your time obsessing over stupid actions of stupid people.
First and foremost—be confident. Second—be spontaneous. Third—the only opinion that matters is your own. 
You’re the last person I think about before I go to sleep, and the first person I think about when I open my eyes in the morning. You’re it for me, baby. 
I’m proud of myself for standing my ground, though. 
Leaving a girl wanting isn’t just embarrassing. It’s unacceptable.
Maybe I’m naïve, but I thought college would be different. I thought all the gossiping and backstabbing and bullshit ceased to exist once you left high school, but I guess mean girls can be found at any level of the education system.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment