The Legacy | Elle Kennedy | Off-Campus #5

The Legacy is the last book in the Off-Campus series, and it includes all four major characters from the previous novels and describes their separate lives after three years. Below you'll find the complete review, storyline, sample, and quotes from this book.


The Legacy by Elle Kennedy (Off-Campus #5)




            


Rating - 4 / 5


Book Blurb


Four stories. Four couples. Three years of real life after graduation…

A wedding.
A proposal.
An elopement.
And a surprise pregnancy.

Life after college for Garrett and Hannah, Logan and Grace, Dean and Allie, and Tucker and Sabrina, isn’t quite what they imagined it would be. Sure, they have each other, but they also have real-life problems that four years at Briar U didn’t exactly prepare them for. And it turns out, for these four couples, love is the easy part. Growing up is a whole lot harder.

Catch up with your favorite Off-Campus characters as they navigate the changes that come with growing up and discover that big decisions can have big consequences…and if they’re lucky, big rewards.

My Review


It was a pleasant surprise for me. I had no idea there would be another book in this series with all of the key characters. I did a happy dance when I saw the book's pages; it's a full book-length, but in every couple's opinion, it's a novella.

When I started reading this book, I expected nothing more from it. Just a little bit closer to the end of this series, maybe I should have. The Legacy also features a smooth plot, amazing visuals, humorous banter moments, and the relationship's struggle with drama, emotions, and romance.

Kennedy shows us four phases of every relationship with four different characters. It gives me a closer view of how much it varies from person to person. This book also explains that staying in a relationship is tougher than confessing and that every couple, at the same time in their lives, will experience this dilemma. This aspect of the novel feels more realistic to me.

Many questions left unanswered in previous installments have now been explained in this book. Garrett and his father's interactions, Logan's familial difficulties and pro hockey career problems, Dean's commitment concerns, and Tucker's much-needed professional decisions with their relationship problems are all addressed.

The opening page of the book piques my attention. I understand what is going on and where it is heading, but I'm curious about where it will finish. We expect a joyful ending when we read the epilogue, but if I talk about this book, it was more of a short tale for me, a more detailed particular occasion in their lives with an open-ended ending.

But I wished there had been more of Hannah and Garrett's life experiences. Every character comes into other characters' stories, especially Garrett, who shows their friendship bond and laughter remain the same. What I like about this book is that it gives me a quick recap of the past key events in every couple's life, which is precisely what I expected when I read the conclusion after reading prior novels many years ago. My favorite characters are still Hannah, Garrett, and Logan. The characters from the Briar U series have a minor role in the stories. The passionate romance is unaffected by the length of the novel.


Recommendation

  • Read this book if you want to read romance with comedy.
  • Only after reading the previous books of the Off-Campus series enter into this book.
  • Pick this book if you love to read teen romance novels.
  • You can read this if you are eighteen.
  • This book contains four short romance stories.
Look into this book from here!

Best Lines of The Legacy

I put up with all this nonsense because at the end of the day, being with Garrett is worth it. 
This is the pact. You and me. The pact is that we spend as much time together as humanly possible. We don't let our busy schedules control our relationship. If there's no time, we make time. Hockey doesn't matter. School, work. None of it matters if you and I are struggling. If we aren't connecting. 
Go for a walk. Explore a new neighborhood, try a new restaurant. Just keep making memories and sharing experiences. Good or bad, they bring you closer together. 
This blinding ring on Allie’s finger is like a billboard announcing to everyone we know and everyone we’re gonna know, that this woman is mine. She owns my heart. 
It's times like this I remember why I fell so hopelessly hard for this girl.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment