Stuck With Him | Danielle Owen-Jones | Book Review

Stuck With Him | Danielle Owen-Jones

Title : Stuck With Him
Author : Danielle Owen-Jones
POV : Lucy

The Book Blurb


Lucy Clark has just bought a house with her worst enemy.


From the moment Lucy – Miss ‘my self-worth comes from setting myself impossible standards of perfection’ – meets Zack – Mr ‘I’m your infuriatingly laidback yet impossibly ripped new yoga teacher’ – it’s hate at first sight.

So when Zack puts in a competing offer to buy her childhood home, there’s no way she’s backing down. After losing her business and her best friend in one great margarita-themed disaster, there’s no way she’s losing her beloved house. Except there’s one tiny problem – she can’t actually afford it.

When Zack suggests they buy the house together, inspiration strikes. Lucy will wear him down, with a never-ending supply of lists and rules, until he’s begging for escape. That’s until Zack arrives, with his non-existent sleepwear and a ridiculously sincere appreciation for the simple things. Suddenly, Lucy finds herself re-evaluating her own warped priorities.

Will living with the enemy end up with Lucy losing her sanity? Or is it true what they say – that there’s a thin line between love and hate?

Rating - 4 /5 ★★


My Review


Lucy’s one wrong decision cost her losing her business and nearly ended her friendship with her childhood best friend. To make her best friend happy, she joined a yoga retreat where she met the calm, charming, and never-on-time Zack and disliked him immediately. After losing everything, Lucy can't lose the chance to buy her childhood home. But Zack also wants that house. Zack makes her agree to buy it with him because she has no other choice. Lucy made a plan to make Zack irritated enough to leave the house, but Zack is more patient and leaves marks everywhere. Lucy is losing her own self in this mess.

This is such a sweet and soothing story that it touches my heart. I relate to Lucy's stressful working life and her approach to life. Zack is a charmer, carefree, and so much sweeter man. The story is more plot and character-driven, and the development in both of them is magnificent, especially in Lucy. Every moment is new to me and immerses me in it, never distracting me as if I had read it before. It’s hard to remember how many times I smiled while reading this. That doesn’t mean it doesn't make me cry. It is a really amazing read.

The beginning of this novel is slow, as is the romance. I didn't get an enemy's vibe, but surely dislike is present everywhere with a valid reason. I can feel the point Lucy has regarding Zack. And I love both of them.

Overall, Stuck With Him is a fabulous read with tons of hilarious banter and a unique housemate story that takes my mind off for many hours. I enjoyed every moment spent on this book.

Recommendations

  • If you like reading housemate rom coms with drama and comedy, pick up this book.
  • This book is perfect for new readers.
  • It has a slow romance and fewer spicy scenes.
  • Only for adult readers.
Buy and Read this book!


Special Thanks; For providing a free copy for an honest review.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment