The Lost Sister | Alexa H. Michaels & Elinora Pane | Book Review

The Lost Sister by Alexa H. Michaels & Elinora Pane

Title : The Lost Sister
Author : Alexa H. Michaels & Elinora Pane
Series : Daughters of Elydon
Book : 1
POV : Meira & Rina
Cliffhanger : Yes

The Book Blurb


Our family was torn apart by our father’s hunger for power...

Meira:

I’ve lived two hundred years without my sister--my twin. And the worst part is she doesn’t even know I exist.

Now, I’m sneaking into the kingdom where I was born, right under the nose of our megalomaniac father, who happens to be the king of the Elydonian fae.

He can’t know I’m here, or we’ll both be trapped.

I can only pray that my sister isn’t cruel like him. That she will accept me and want to escape. I have to save her. Or die trying.

Rina:

My father is a tyrant king. And now he’s betrothed me to a monster. This palace is just a gilded cage, and I have to find a way out.

Just when I give up and decide to do something desperate--a miracle. My mirror image appears in the market.

This stranger claims to be my twin, says war is coming to Theria. She promises me escape.

If I don’t go with her now, I’ll be trapped here forever.

The Lost Sister is a high fantasy fae adventure. This epic voyage has dark elements, heart breaking romances, and plenty of narrow escapes on the high seas and islands in the world of Theria.

Rating - 4 /5 ★★★★


My Review


Meira is on a mission to rescue her long-lost twin, Rina, from her father's kingdom. Meira is unsure Rina agrees to come with her when her twin is not even aware of her existence. There is a possibility that Rina may be as cruel as her father and Meira's companion; her best friend, Casimir, isn't approved of this mission. A green-eyed stranger came to her aid in the rescue. This mission ensures that a power-hungry war will hit her home, Honae. With the help of her friends and fae magic, she is determined to find a way to end this war. But a strange pull with a stranger whose intentions are as hidden as land in the ocean might ruin her plans in an instant.

This book's writing style is fantastic, and the world-building is both astounding and detailed. Though it took me some time to capture this world, the wait was well worth it. I adore the new world's leisurely pace and intricate elements. I had no idea this world was so vast, little history is revealed still, many withholdings and conflicts remain for the next installment. The adventure is singing in the blood; when you think the adventure has come to an end, the new one begins with an enticing and thrilling start.

Rina and Meira are both opposite each other. When I read the blurb of this book, I thought I would love only one sister, but the POV of both twins let me connect with them. I adore Rina as much as Meira. There are many characters present in the story. Casimir is a secretive and hidden character, and I like him more than anyone. I had hoped to read only the sisters' dynamics, but hey, it surprised me with the diverse relationships between best friends and the sweet connection between sisters. Kotosh will most likely be my favorite character in the next book, and I really like the protectiveness of Avery.

There are a few romantic moments, but their intensity is hard to ignore. Also, plenty of laughing moments keep the mood light. The slow burn and tension in the relationship heighten the desire to read more. But because this novel includes a high-fantasy adventure, I'm alright with reading less romance. For me, the male and female dynamics are the one that ties this fantasy to reality.

The authors, new to me, yet managed to impress me with this novel; a different world of fae, a ride of sea adventure, and the smoldering romance of a memorable read.


Recommendation

  • It is a perfect book to read if you enjoy high fantasy stories with sea adventures and fae magic.
  • The language of this book is easy to pick up for beginners.
  • The novel contains explicit language and mentions abuse, so it is ideal for mature readers.

Read this book!
  

Special Thanks; For providing a free copy for an honest review.

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Hey OJ,
    Thankyou for such a Quick Overview of the book, Looking for more reviews in future.

    ReplyDelete