Dance of Kingdoms | Willow Quinn

Dance of Kingdoms | Willow Quinn

Rating - 4 /5 ★★★★


The Book Blurb


I have despised Finnian almost from the moment I set eyes on him, eight long years ago. The night before his father launched a series of devastating attacks on my kingdom, starting this bloody war. I lost my father to this war. I have lost friends. I was forced to take over as queen sooner than I was ready.

Eight years of war. Eight years of hating my enemy, King Finnian. As his soldiers storm my castle, I await my death, ready to meet it with dignity.

But Finnian has other plans. He offers me a choice: exile in the forgotten lands, a fate worse than death, or to marry him and become his queen.

The choice is made for me. I will marry him to protect my people. But can I keep my wits about me and protect my heart from his charms?

My Review 


This book has a floaty, light-weighted, buttery smooth storyline and a slow-burning romance that begs one to read in one sitting. This book is a page-turner from the cover to the blurb to the plot.

Adelaide and Finnian kingdoms have been fighting with each other for the last eight years. After losing her love once, Adelaide waited for her glorious death at the hand of her despised enemy, Finnian. However, Finnian offers her the opportunity to save her people by marrying him and becoming his queen. Adelaide made a sacrifice. Now she must protect herself from Finnian and be wary of those who seek any vulnerability in her to bring her down.

There is a slow-burning romance with a lot of tension, and I am a sucker for it. The entire story is fast-paced, written in time jumps that never confuses me, and still manages to convey the intense and incredible chemistry between Adelaide and Finnian. The author beautifully recounts the impacts of the battle and their aftereffects in a short period of time. Apart from Adelaide and Finnian, I also liked Donovan, Hannah, and Edward. I'm waiting to read about them as well.

This book is purely a romantic story with a fantasy backdrop. I was expecting to read some more fantasy background in this book. It was present but not sufficient to please me, and the lack of an epilogue also hinted at it. Aside from that, this book is an excellent choice for a romantic read. The writing is too clear and straightforward for me to envision it. And the Finnian point of view is also a bonus, and the overall narrative kept me reading this novel with Adelaide and Finnian's post-marriage connection evolving.


Recommendation
  • If you are looking to read about forced marriage, enemies to lovers, and love after marriage with a touch of fantasy, go for this book.
  • It is a superb book for romance lovers.
  • It is an excellent book for new readers.
Special Thanks: For providing the free copy to review.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment