ARC Review; Beyond Invisible | Marjorie Jackson | Better Together #2

Beyond Invisible by Marjorie Jackson follows the adventures of friendship and the difficulties to keep it going forever. This book is the second volume in the Better Together series and can't be read before; Being is Better. Look below for my full review.


Beyond Invisible by Marjorie Jackson


            

Rating - 4 / 5 ★★★★


The Book Blurb


After tragedy and illness brought Amber and Missy together in Being is Better, the girls, now in high school, continue their journey to unravel the mystery behind Missy’s brother Frankie’s Army enlistment and the cause of his death.

Meanwhile, both girls experience first love, and Amber supports Missy, who continues to resent her father and struggles to accept his new girlfriend.

Will they be able to discover the reason for Frankie’s sudden enlistment, and when misunderstandings loom, will their still-new friendship survive?

My Review


Everything I had been looking forward to reading since finishing the first book comes together in this book. The book's beauty stays unchanged. The narrative of the book is powerful and realistic, and it highlights the main concerns in friendships. This book's mysterious twist is my favorite part.

Amber and Missy's friendship deepens as they enter a new stage of their lives: high school. Amber encourages Missy to uncover her father's motivations and the truth that has led Missy's life to emptiness. Amber was dealing with health difficulties as well as new emotions. Missy must decide which is more important: her friendship or her love.

Amber's epilepsy troubles and insecurities about sharing her friend are reasonable. I didn't believe Amber's love life was the most vital portion of the novel to convey when I first started reading it. After reading this book, I concluded that it is incomplete if it does not contain and portray that portion wonderfully.

Missy is putting her past behind her and attempting to solve the mystery behind her brother's death. The mystery's revaluation is too vivid, and I didn't think I'd miss Missy's outburst behavior, but I did. The twist event is too raw and deep, and the aftereffects description of the moment adds to the book's richness.

The novel begins at a slow pace, slower than previously, yet it captures my attention with surprising revelations. In the beginning, the author takes her time, and in the last gives a complete view of Amber and Missy. This book provides me with moments of Mase, Missy, and Amber that allow me to breathe and see their bonding grow. I had my ups and downs with the book.

What upset me the most was the lack of attention paid to epilepsy difficulties. Amber's troubles with her health concerns were supposed to be discussed more, including her peace with her situation by explaining, but that never happened. I'm also more excited about Missy's love life. There were some memorable moments, but I was looking for more. Nonetheless, I enjoy how the narrative ends.

Beyond Invisible by Marjorie Jackson is beautifully crafted, with slow beginnings, lively middles, and brisk endings, leaving me with the sensation that the novel finished too abruptly. This book was a one-day read for me. I feel more at ease when I learn new terms and learn random information from this book. With a pleasant ending, this novel is a perfect conclusion to the series.


Recommendation

  • If you want a longer vocabulary list, go with this book.
  • Anyone can read this book since it does not utilize more complicated terms or a style.
  • This book can be read-only when you have read the first book in this series; Being is Better.
  • If you enjoy teen fiction, this is the book for you.

Best Lines of the Beyond Invisible

Life could change for the worse, it could also change for the better. 
I smile by day and cry by night; my life is but a lonely plight. 
life so unfair that people couldn’t just automatically get who they wanted? 
Never give up on your dreams, no matter how ridiculously impossible they seem. You really can reach beyond invisible.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment