Being is Better | Marjorie Jackson | Better Together #1

Being is Better by Marjorie Jackson first installment of Better Together series. Look into the book storyline and review from below.

Being is Better by Marjorie Jackson



            


Rating - 4 / 5


The Book Blurb 


Fourteen-year-old Amber has battled medical challenges – specifically epilepsy – her whole life. Due to her physical limitations, she has no friends, but does her best to trudge through each day with a smile.

Fellow “middle-school senior” Missy has struggles of her own. Following her brother’s death in Afghanistan, her father uprooted them from everything familiar, only to divorce Missy’s mother and move away, leaving Missy friendless and angry, forced to care for her deeply depressed mother.

Two girls with different pasts, both fighting loneliness.

Can they learn to overcome life’s struggles and tragedies? Can they find each other and battle teen awkwardness together?

My Review 


This novel has captured my heart. Positive waves, motivation, grounded realism, and the healing power of true friendship abound in this book.

I was hesitant to read this book since it required me to step outside of my comfort zone. Being is Better is the only book that can convince me to leave my comfort zone. Although this novel lacks romance or other romantic undertones, I am glad I decided to read it. But I'm sure there will be romance in the following book.

The storyline of this book is about 14-year-old Ambar's epilepsy and Missy's dealing with her trauma difficulties. Amber is trying to come to grips with her health issues and loneliness. Missy is a jumbled mess, broken from the inside out, searching for anything that might fix her problems. One dream unites them both: finding one true forever friend.

Connecting with Amber is too easy for me. From childhood, I saw epilepsy issues in my family frequently dealing with and suffering. But not quite the same as Amber. Even if you've never heard of it, it's explained in simple words. Amber is vibrant, mature, and courageous enough never to give up hope for her version of ordinary life and fulfill any of her wishes.

Missy or Melissa is an overwhelmed package of emotions. I have a hard time first understanding her reasoning or choices, but it only makes her seem like a teenager, and reading her portion helps me to understand her better. Missy has a mysterious past and all the family issues that only make her lose herself slowly.

The blurb, title, and cover all pique my interest enough to make me want to read this book. I did want to figure out what these meant, and it didn't let me down. Amber and Missy are spelling out every detail of them.

The story is narrated from the perspectives of Amber and Missy. I was frightened in the midst of the book when the book's tale turned out to be friendship converted into true love, and I am so relieved that it is solely about two girls' honest friendship and support for each other. Missy's limited perspective in parts of the book's later chapters disappointed me. It would offer me some lighter space, If Mase, Missy, and Amber had more interactions that allowed me to comprehend their blossoming bonds and feelings.

Being is better by Marjorie Jackson's writing style, which is straightforward and easy to read despite the fact that she is telling a complex story. The book provides me with incredible moments that twist into tragic incidents filled with raw emotional pain and a heavy heart.

Being is better to start with a slow pace of both of their individual lives' glimpses. That helps me understand more about them. I was curious as to when Amber and Missy would meet. The process of starting or approaching to make friends takes me back to my teenage life; it's explained beautifully. I can't stop my hot, fat tears from resting on my cheeks and smiling with them in the last chapter. I read the book in one go and couldn't come out of it until I gave them words.

I'm excited to read Beyond Invisible, the sequel to this novel, to learn more about Amber accepting her life the way it is and controlling her escalating seizures and Missy's crush blossoming into love, and the mystery surrounding Frankie finally uncovered.

Recommendation

  • If you like to read books that give you a closer look at the reality of life, pick this one.
  • This book has a motivational story and is read by anyone.
  • If you are suffering from an illness or any problem and want to uplift yourself, this book is for you.
  • If you are searching for something different to read, go with this book.
Check out the book from here!

Best Lines of Being is Better


Sometimes we take for granted the stable people in our lives. We take for granted that they’ll always be there. 
People are like rocks. We’re all different in some ways, but pretty much the same when you think about it. 
Distance means nothing between real friends. 
The deeper the pain, the longer it’ll take to heal. 
No one ever said life was easy. Life, my dear, is like a watermelon. Sometimes there are seeds, sometimes there aren’t. Sometimes it’s sweet, and sometimes it looks sweet but--eh, not so much. Sometimes it is very difficult to cut open. 
Only lazy people dwell on negative things, because it’s easier than trying to look on the bright side. It takes someone special and strong to wade through the muck and mud to reach the sparkling stream. 
My condition, epilepsy, is a brain disorder, not a disease. There’s a difference. You catch diseases. No one can “catch” epilepsy.


Special Thanks; Providing free copy for review.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment