The Lost Elemental | Tessa Hale | Book Review

The Lost Elemental | Tessa Hale

Title : The Lost Elemental 
Author : Tessa Hale
Series : Royals of Kingwood Academy 
Book : 1
POV : Aura
Cliffhanger : Yes

The Book Blurb


In a split second, all of my carefully-laid plans go up in smoke. There’s no chance for college because I’m being hauled off to Kingwood Academy. They say it’s for my own protection and those around me. But I know one thing for sure…

I’m not welcome here.

The mean girls don’t stop at insults and tripping you in the halls. They’re wielding magic that could cost me my life. And the rest of the school sees me as either a halfling that should be cast out or a powerhouse to be brought down.

Everyone except them.

The charmer. The gentle giant. The psychopath. And maybe even the cruel prince.

The royals of Kingwood Academy have taken me under their wing and I can’t help but notice how my skin hums when they touch me. I shouldn’t be dreaming about a single one of them, let alone all four. But I can’t seem to stop myself.

Only someone doesn’t like the attention the royals are showing me. And when the attacks start, the princes will do anything to protect me. But they don’t know the true evil we face. The kind who will do whatever it takes to seize our power, even if that means stealing the very last breath from our lungs…

Rating - 4 /5 ★★


My Review


Aura has a plan to live a simple life in the human realm to fulfill her responsibility, but all of it booms with the entire city's power cut. As an elemental, she is forced to join Kingwood Academy and move into the elemental realm to control her powers. Everyone sees her as a half-human and tries to hurt her. She receives more attention from royal princes. Each prince protects her in their own way. But, she must figure out what to do about her growing feelings for four princes. Three princes are ready to tear themselves apart for her, but one cruel prince wants her out any way he can. Aura struggles to find her place amidst secrets, mysteries, unknown bonds, power-hungry beasts, and dirty power politics.

The book has a variety of surprising elements, each with its own twist. The magic in this world, the four mates, and the fast storyline appeal to me. I enjoy reading their funny banter and progression in Aura. This book kept me on edge many times, and after finishing, I wanted to read the next one right away. Although this book has its own darkness, I still find its plot light. The confusing characters and twists are fantastic.

But there is a lot of information presented too quickly at a time, one after another. A few twists are predictable, and the plot and characters aren't as deep as they could have been. Aura is understandable and flawed, which gives the book a breath of fresh air. The secrets of other guys are revealed way too quickly. Although Riven keeps secrets, there is something about this mystery guy that captivates me. His hatred, push-and-pull behavior, outbursts, and angry revelation are amazingly written to life and come out bit by bit.

The Lost Elementals is perfect for those seeking a quick, fast-paced story with less depth in plot, characters, magic, and a setting that's different but with the same high school drama. The book was still a pleasure to read, despite all its flaws.


Recommendations

  • You'll enjoy this book if you like college-related fantasy romance with several love interests in different magical worlds.
  • For beginners, this book is a good choice.
  • In this story, a reverse harem and polygamous romance are prominent.
Buy and Read this book!


Special Thanks; For providing a free copy for an honest review.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment