Ruined Castles | Amo Jones | The Elite Kings Club #8

Ruined Castle is the eighth novel in the Elite Kings Club series, and it tells the story of Madison and Bishop. It is read once the previous books in the series have been completed. Read my review below.

Ruined Castles by Amo Jones


            

Rating - 5 /5 ★★★★★


The Book Blurb


Nothing is going to make sense once you flip open this first chapter. You’re going to wonder why the fuck I made the decisions I did. Why he did what he did. I’m not going to make this easy for you. I’m going to guide you through loops that you’re going to wish I had just skipped, but I’m not going to do that either. You’re going to feel my pain, my loss, and my heart breaking in my chest. You’re going to watch me trip and fall, and get back up again. You’re going to wish you could slap the shit out of Bishop and me, but among all… I’m going to take you back to when I left the love of my life, and ran.
This is an open letter to you.
Good luck.
Mads
Xo

My Review


Madison is always my favorite character in this series, and what a front she presents again to hide her struggles. She split apart and reunited one by one. I was so upset with Madison's presence in Tillie's book, but after reading this book, everything makes sense.

And Bishop...., I was thrilled to read his point of view as well, and every now and then, I smiled along with him. The storyline drew me in with other bad boy sides of Bishop. Even though it is far too late, he strives yet, again for Madison's love.

Reading about each old character in this book again made my heart warm. I felt more attached to Tate than Tillie and didn't stop cheering for her because Tate deserves a happy ending. Bishop's closing remarks to Tate make me adore him even more. Knowing that I was thinking the same thing as Bishop regarding Tatum's behavior in the last book brought me solace. Every new and old character fits into the plot. Not only does Madship have his happily ever after in this book, but so does everyone else in the series. What a spectacular conclusion!

I adore the style Amo Jones writes in her books: too messy, chaotic, twisted, darker than dark with bold and hot romance. However, I believe Madison's forgiveness comes too quickly for everyone. The rape issue is also not described either. Finally, there are no Kings moments in this book that I am looking forward to reading. Considering the brief length of this book, it still manages to hit the target. I'm sad that this series is coming to an end, but I'm excited to read them in the future generation.

Every time I say I'm not going to read her novels at night, I break my word and read them all in one sitting.


Recommendation

  • If you enjoy the dark romance and mature themes, this book is for you.
  • There are references to rape in this work and adult language.
  • This book is only appropriate for adult readers.
  • This book has a different world, so read it after reading the other books in the series.
  • This book is excellent for beginners.
Check this book from below!

Best Quotes of Ruined Castles

Love doesn’t cure all, it just gives you a reason to keep fighting.
You don’t fall in love with someone without picking up their habits. 
Secrets are a dangerous weapon in a marriage or a relationship, especially if you start using them as weapons. 
God gives us temptation to remind us what we can lose. 
People think that when you’re sexually abused it’s only about surviving those few minutes while it happens, but it’s not. Their hands stay on your long after the act is done. 
The problem isn’t falling in love, it’s the memories you make while doing the falling that will bounce off the pavement and stab you in the heart.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment