The Devil You Know | Elizabeth O'Roark | Book Review

The Devil You Know by Elizabeth O'Roark

Title : The Devil You Know
Author : Elizabeth O'Roark
Series : Devil
Book : 3
POV : Gemma
Standalone : Yes

The Book Blurb

There’s a devil on my shoulder, and every Monday morning she announces herself. She’s this delicious flame in my chest, a flurry of whispered suggestions in my ear. Suggestions I ignore…because every single one of them is about Ben Tate.

Ben—Stealer of Clients, Evicter of Homeless Women, Nemesis. Sitting across from me every damn Monday with his lovely, smug smile and his too-perfect teeth, the living symbol of everything I hate.

It’s been my policy to avoid him, but when a case comes into the firm—one that could change his career and mine—I make an exception. It means weekends and evenings by his side. It means enduring his smirk and his smart mouth and never taking the bait.

Until the night Ben says, “Beg.”
And that devil on my shoulder decides to make a few demands of her own.

Rating - 4 /5 ★★


My Review


This book has stayed with me even after I read it some weeks ago. Books like this remind me of why I enjoy enemies to lovers' romance.

Gemma is perfect in her work; no one in the court competes with her. She has a dream of becoming a partner in a male-dominated firm. Ben Tate stood in her way, ruining her plans. She loathed Ben for so many reasons, especially his smug smile. But working with Ben on the case together can help to achieve her dream, so she makes an exemption this time. But, when Ben's smart mouth comes into play, it's hard to hold herself in control since a part of herself is ready to bend to him. The worse part, Ben is not letting her hold back.

This book is excellent in every way. Gemma's struggle is emotional, raw, and tangible. Gemma and Ben's banter is both hilarious and heated. The chemistry and tension feel as if they are both holding a knife to their throats, and then, boom!

Gemma is a cold and ruthless lawyer who dreams of HEA. She is so real that I can relate to her and feel her. It's hard to get a character like her, and I just love her. Though I read Ben from her view, there is nothing in me that does not love him for his sweet gestures.

The anguish and gradual burn are so powerful that they hum in my veins. This storyline is strong, with so many issues that it is hard to ignore. The book's prose is brilliant, and the devil part is phenomenal. The author did justice to the characters, the plot, and the enemies-to-lover romance. I enjoyed this book, felt, and loved it with an intensity to never forget.


Recommendations

  • If you want to read enemies to lovers and office romances with drama and comedy, grab this book.
  • It is perfect for new readers.
  • Only for mature readers.
  • You will love this book; if you enjoyed The Hating Game and the Spanish Love Deception.
Buy and Read this book!


Special Thanks; For providing a free copy for an honest review.

Best Quotes of TDYK 

People are usually neither entirely bad or entirely good. 
Attacking, as always, is the best defense. 
Not caring is so much easier than caring. 
The only way to defeat a monster is to become one yourself.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment