You'll Always Be Enough | T Shree | Book Review

You'll Always Be Enough by T Shree

The Book Blurb

Nivy

I'll never forget the day I saw you.
And ever since, I've been saying the same thing
"If only, if only."

Akansh Malhotra... His name was and still is my favorite word.
I looked at him... and a face flashed in front of my eyes. Unconsciously my mind took me down to memory lane, and I couldn’t help it.
A million memories kept flashing back... everything had changed in the last, so many years, but the ink of those memories had not faded. They had become a part of me, just like salt in the sea. They were my lamp, showing me light when I was falling apart, holding me tight when I was about to break... brightening my dark paths.

Akansh

You killed what was left of the good in me,
You crumpled and rejected my love like a trash;
But you also taught me to walk away from things,
Not meant for me...

For years I felt like a firefly trapped in a bell jar, starving for her attention & response to my love. But today, I am no more stuck in a “Freudian loop” of obsessive thoughts & emotional flashbacks of and about the past. It took me exactly seven years to achieve all my dreams… She didn’t wait for me… the realization didn’t make me sad anymore… I didn’t miss her anymore.
I wanted a better end to our story, but it had to end in some way. Our love story was short, too short, the words finally ended, but the chapters changed my life forever.

Rating - 3 /5 ★★★


My Review


One accident changed Nivy's life upside down. Nivy agrees to marry her childhood crush, Akansh, as her mother's last wish. But, Nivy knows that Akansh only loves her sister Neha from his teenage years. This marriage was her one-time dream, and she now feels unlucky and unworthy of Akansh. Getting close to Akansh reminds her not only of her old self but also of a past that she's been hiding for seven years.

I had a great time reading this lighthearted and achingly romantic novel. Despite the fact that this was my first T. Shree novel and the first in this series, I had no trouble grasping the characters' dynamics. Her writing is clear and straightforward, which I appreciate. Shree's writing about the impact of physical abuse and Nivy's effort to survive and fight with herself astounds me. Many distinct and thought-provoking interpretations of the forbidden subject emerge, which many people prefer to ignore.

Nivy and Akansh's younger selves are too genuine and realistic for me. It even reminds you of many teens who fantasize about love. And, as I expected, the characters develop, become mature while still having flaws of their own. The author beautifully shows how miscommunication can ruin a marriage in an instant.

A captivating plot with inspiring characters keeps you glued to the book. Morden and traditional views of Indian culture, as well as the slow-burn romance, are well written.


Recommendations

  • Grab this one if you want to read Indian romantic stories featuring a second chance romance.
  • Perfect for beginners.
  • Even when dealing with serious subjects, this novel misses the rawness of emotions.
  • Only suitable for mature readers.
  • This novel tackles many delicate issues, such as abuse and depression, but it is not describable. Pick this only if you are comfortable reading them.
Grab this book here!

Best Line of  You'll Always Be Enough

No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. You grow, learn, and change at every stage, and when you look back, you’re not the same person. 
Everything in life exacts a price, and the irony is it’s you who decides whether the price is worth the prize!! 
Sometimes things work out the best when you stop stressing and worrying about them. 
Girls can survive for years without a boyfriend, but it’s impossible to stay even a single day without your best friend.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment